Born of Surf, Ready for Anything
Inspired by the classic guitar design favored by surf bands of the ’60s, the G&L Tribute Doheny Lake Placid Blue combines vintage style with modern tonal dexterity. Its well-balanced offset body is equipped with a pair of Magnetic Field Design (MFD) jazz single-coil pickups, constructed with a narrow bobbin aperture and broad coil splay to generate a wide frequency range with rich lows, punchy mids, and jangly highs. And for versatile tone shaping, G&L’s Passive Treble and Bass (PTB) tone system allows you to cut highs and lows independently — perfect for fine-tuning fuzz and high-gain tones. Complete with a Dual-Fulcrum tremolo, the G&L Tribute Doheny offers creative potential any player can appreciate.
MFD pickups based on a classic single-coil design
G&L’s MFD pickups utilize a narrow bobbin aperture and broad coil splay, just like the iconic jazz pickups from the ’60s that they’re inspired by. The sound is wide-ranging and dynamic, with extended lows, plucky mids, and delightfully jangly highs. It’s a great starting point for a variety of musical styles, as you have plenty of signal to shape any way you like, whether with pedals or your amplifier. The Fullterton Deluxe Doheny sounds impressive whether clean or fully overdriven — many guitarists at Sweetwater feel its sweet spot is right in between, on the edge of breakup.
Dual-Fulcrum tremolo expands your creative potential
If you’re drawn to the creative potential a tremolo bridge offers, but are concerned about tuning stability, you definitely need to try out the G&L Tribute Doheny Lake Placid Blue. It’s equipped with G&L’s Dual-Fulcrum tremolo, an original design by Leo Fender himself. You’ll be able to bend notes and chords up or down with amazing tuning stability — even after deep dives.
G&L Tribute Doheny Lake Placid Blue Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Classic offset body style delivers a well-balanced playing experience
- Magnetic Field Design (MFD) single-coil jazz pickups generate deep lows, plucky mids, and jangly highs
- PTB (passive treble and bass) tone controls give you high-cut and low-cut options for an endless array of tonal combinations to explore
- 3-way pickup selector with master volume, high-cut, and low-cut controls
- Dual-Fulcrum vibrato designed by Leo Fender offers expressive potential with impressive tuning stability