Swamp ash body yields a balanced musical tone
The G&L ASAT Classic Tobacco Sunburst features a solid swamp ash body — a tonewood prized for its musical blend of warmth, brightness, and mix-penetrating midrange. This electric guitar’s rock-solid maple neck boasts a comfortable medium C profile and an easy-playing 9.5”-radius fingerboard that’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face. The guitarists here at Sweetwater appreciate the classic playability of the ASAT Classic.
Leo Fender-designed pickups serve up a myriad of sonic textures
You can coax a myriad of sonic textures out of the G&L ASAT Classic Tobacco Sunburst. A pair of Leo Fender-designed single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups house extra-thick bar magnets that emit ultra-tight magnetic fields. This design produces a massive amount of energy around the coil, ensuring super-strong output and a muscular, percussive attack. The neck pickup is brighter, more powerful, and clearer than traditional alnico T-style neck single-coils, while the bridge pickup offers all the twang, spank, and cluck you can handle. Magnetic Field Design pickups also feature individually adjustable pole pieces to give you complete control over your tone. Whether you’re craving crisp, complex harmonics or smooth, round jazz tones, the ASAT Classic will do it.
Leo’s favorite creations
After founding two hugely successful guitar brands and consulting on the side, Leo Fender felt that he had unfinished business in the guitar world. Together with partner George Fullerton, G&L opened for business in 1979 and incorporated innovative design elements into their instruments, such as the Magnetic Field Design pickups, Dual-Fulcrum Vibrato, Saddle-Lock Bridge, and Bi-cut neck design. Leo was so proud of his new instruments that he famously declared that G&L’s “are the best instruments I have ever made.” Play a G&L today and experience the magic for yourself.
G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Tobacco Sunburst Features:
- The final word on Leo Fender’s traditional single-cutaway bolt-on electric guitar
- Solid swamp ash body exhibits a musical blend of warmth, brightness, and mix-penetrating midrange
- Rock-solid maple neck boasts a comfortable medium C profile
- Easy-playing 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard
- Leo Fender-designed single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups yield strong output and a muscular, percussive attack
- Classic boxed-steel bridge with individual brass saddles for vintage-style sustain and spot-on intonation
- Sealed tuners ensure reliable tuning stability
- Eye-grabbing gloss neck finish and 1-ply white pickguard