MFD pickups based on a classic single-coil design
G&L’s MFD pickups utilize a narrow bobbin aperture and broad coil splay, just like the iconic jazz pickups from the ’60s that they’re inspired by. The sound is wide-ranging and dynamic, with extended lows, plucky mids, and delightfully jangly highs. It’s a great starting point for a variety of musical styles, as you have plenty of signal to shape any way you like, whether with pedals or your amplifier. The Fullerton Deluxe Doheny sounds impressive whether clean or fully overdriven — many guitarists at Sweetwater feel its sweet spot is right in between, on the edge of breakup.
Dual-Fulcrum tremolo expands your creative potential
If you’re drawn to the creative potential a tremolo bridge offers, but are concerned about tuning stability, you definitely need to try out the Fullerton Deluxe Doheny. It’s equipped with G&L’s Dual-Fulcrum tremolo, an original design by Leo Fender himself. You’ll be able to bend notes and chords up or down with amazing tuning stability — even after deep dives. And thanks to its natural bone nut, tuning issues caused by string binding at the nut are a non-issue.
G&L Fullerton Deluxe Doheny Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Classic offset body style delivers a well-balanced playing experience
- Magnetic Field Design (MFD) single-coil jazz pickups generate deep lows, plucky mids, and jangly highs
- Modern Classic neck profile with 9.5″ fretboard radius with 21 medium-jumbo plays fast and smooth
- PTB (passive treble and bass) tone controls give you high-cut and low-cut options for an endless array of tonal combinations to explore
- Dual-Fulcrum vibrato designed by Leo Fender offers expressive potential with impressive tuning stability